Privacy & Data Policy
LGB & Co. Limited is committed to safeguarding the privacy of our clients and contacts; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information, which will governed by the terms of the GDPR (EU Regulation 2016/679) and any further relevant law enacting it in the United Kingdom.
What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following personal information:
- information that you provide to us when you contact us regarding actual or potential business either as clients, suppliers or trade associations;
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters;
- any other information that you choose to send to us.
Using your personal information
Personal information submitted to us will be used for the purposes specified in this privacy and data policy or in relevant parts of the website.
We may use your personal information to:
- administer our business;
- send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- send to you marketing communications relating to our business (for instance investor newsletters) which we think may be of interest to you by email (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
- provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user;
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website and our business;
- keep the website secure and prevent fraud;
- where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the licence you grant to us;
- and otherwise for the performance of any contractual relationship we have with you.
We will not provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
We may disclose information about you to any of our employees, officers, agents, suppliers or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy and data policy.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law including by our regulators;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling; and
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
- Except as provided in this privacy and data policy, we will not divulge your personal information to third parties.
Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
Data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
Data will be stored within the EEA in accordance with the GDPR regulations.
We may update this privacy and data policy from time-to-time by posting a new version on our website. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes. This Policy was last updated on 2 May 2018.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity.
We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.
You may instruct us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes.
You may instruct us to remove your data from our records which we will do to the extent permitted by law and regulation.
Third party websites
The website may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the contents of or privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
Retention of information
We will retain information about clients whilst they remain in a commercial relationship with us and for a sufficient period after the conclusion of commercial relationships, normally no longer than two years, unless consent is obtained to retain information for longer.
We will retain information about prospective clients for up to two years, unless consent is obtained to retain information for longer, or for such longer periods as is legally required for example under the MiFID II regulations.
We may record telephone calls made by staff, in particular for reasons laid out in the Lawful Business Practice Regulations, and in accordance with our requirements under MiFID ll, in particular to provide evidence of a business transaction. These recordings will not be used for market research, nor made available to any third party save in accordance with legal or regulatory requirements.
If you have any questions about this privacy and data policy or our treatment of your personal information, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or at Berkeley Square House, 2nd Floor, London W1J 6BD.
The data controller responsible in respect of the information collected on this website is LGB & Co. Limited. Our data protection registration number is Z1524061.